Following the announcement by Chief Executive of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, that they are going to integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger on one technical infrastructure platform, effective the 15th January 2021, we are aligning our Social Media practices accordingly.
FIRST, OUR OBSERVATIONS: The three, WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger, are the world’s biggest Social Media Messaging Platforms. This new development makes it possible for all businesses to access and consolidate all contacts on the three platforms into one database.
OPTIONS: Apparently those who do not support this move by Facebook are free to opt out of WhatsApp.
DEVELOMENTS: There is already a growing number of WhatsApp users globally who are not happy with this move and are thinking of moving over to alternative platforms. Facebook does not seem to be perturbed by this threat.
OUR VIEW: We do not necessarily expect many users of WhatsApp to move away from it. Too many people have made it part of their lives.
COMETSA RESPONSE: We are no longer going to operate big WhatsApp Groups. Our Facebook pages will become the main platforms to continue the communication we are doing on WhatsApp.
YOUR GROUP: This group, COMETSA LEKGOTLA NETWORK and all other COMETSA big WhatsApp Groups are going to be closed.
RECOMMENDATION: We recommend to the members of this group to follow COMETSA Friends & Supporters Club NPO Facebook page or use our revamped eCommerce page, if you are a member.
GOOD NEWS: For the members of COMETSA Friends & Supporters Club NPO we have the following good news; Our revamped eCommerce website is fully integrated with all main social media platforms.
WHAT MEMBERS CAN DO: Here is the list of the activities that members of COMETSA Friends & Supporters Club NPO can perform on our revamped eCommerce site: https://cometsafriendsandsupportersclub.wildapricot.org/
1. JOIN = apply for the membership online
2. FORM = register to be added to our database and receive our newsletters and public announcements
3. STORE (under construction) = view and buy merchandise (t-shirts, caps, etc) and buy discounted coaching, mentoring and advisory services
4. PROFESSIONAL FORUM = register and join the forum, participate in professional discussions
5. SOCIAL FORUM = register and join the forum, participate in social discussions
6. FACEBOOK PAGE = link directly with the organisation Facebook page and like it
7. ORGANIZATION AND MEMBERS ALBUM = view the organization’s photo gallery; build your own album as part of your profile
8. CONVERSATIONS = enter into conversation on current topics
9. ENGAGE = share our organization website with your social network and invite them to join or follow our organization
10. SLIDE VIEW = view rotating slides
11. DIRECTORY = search fellow members, obtain their contact details and directly send them email from the site
12. NEWS = read latest news posted on the landing page
13. EVENTS = view the upcoming events on the site and register online
14. PUBLISH OWN BLOG = link your own blog and publish it directly under Members Only Network Section of our website. Other members are able to read your blog posts, like them and follow you.
15. SOCIAL MEDIA LINK = connect with our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest ages directly from the site
So, our members’ site is truly interactive and works like any social media platform. If you are our fully paid up member enjoy the site. If you are not a member we encourage you to seriously consider joining.
NB: The only big WhatApp group we are going to keep operating is COMETSA Radio DJs/Broadcaster group as it is integrated into our Radio Business Model. However, here we are going to remove those members who are not active in our radio programmes, namely, COMETSA Radio DJs/Broadcasters Development Programme (2020 - 2021), Shows, etc.